Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February Feature: Dishcloths

I really love to see beautiful and unique dishcloths. I know it is something really simple but I really despise a basic single crochet/double crochet dishcloth. I love the look and feel of different stitches making themselves useful around the house. Here are some of my favorites:

http://www.examiner.com/article/gentle-ridges-quick-and-easy-crochet-dishcloth-pattern
Dishcloth from Examiner.com

I cannot get over the colors here. I love the bright, happy colors and texture!
 
Starburst dishcloth by Sarah Cook
 
That starburst pattern makes for a great texture for cleaning, and fun to look at to count how many stars you see!
 

http://www.petalstopicots.com/2013/07/crunchy-stitch-crochet-dishcloth-pattern/
Crunch Stitch Crochet Dishcloth by Petals to Picots
 
This dishcloth is one of my favorites! I love the deeply patterned texture. I also love the other dishcloth patterns also available on that site.
 
 
So.... I hope you will reach out and find a neat textured dishcloth pattern and toss out the plain ol' single or double crochet stitch dishcloths. I gave a few options for you to try out, so get crocheting!